Thursday, November 10, 2011

Market Research

Right now in market research we have administered surveys and are now entering data into SPSS.  One of the questions on our survey asked if people owned labtops, desktops, cellphone or smartphone, and tablet.  I started to notice that everyone has a labtop and a cell phone.  I have not finished entering all the data but I will keep everyone updated with my findings.

What does this mean for consumer behavior? I think it shows where our future is headed.  If the majority of the students have labtops then why don't we use them more in education.  At work we live on our computers because that is what puts food on our tables and a roof over our heads.  At school, grade and university, we barely touch upon it.

My suggestion is every college student and eventually every student is required to have and or is provided a tablet and access to discounted e-textbooks.  The sooner we use and get comfortable with computers and technology the faster we can give back to our community and world.  Maybe the next facebook will be started by a 15 yr old instead of a 21 year old.  Maybe the next person to make a huge medical advancement will be 21 instead of 30.  We need to push the limit so we don't fall behind and I say this because I'm grown up in this time and feel it.  If we don't teach our children as much as we can we are not going to have the America we know today.

No comments:

Post a Comment