Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Decision Making

Sometimes I have a hard time making a decision.  I believe the reason is because I am afraid of making a bad choice and having buyers remorse.  There are many alternatives in the market today and even though I do like having alternatives, it does become overwhelming.

For example, at the start of every ski season I have certain items that I could really use and should buy.  However it is hard for me to buy items online and that is the most cost effective way to do so.  The result is I usually don't buy it.  So because of that I have had the same goggles for 6-7 years and the same snow pants for 6-7 years and lot of handy downs.

It seems that at the beginning of the season and throughout I recognize I have a problem, especially when my bottom gets wet because my pants are no longer water proof and I can't see anything out of my goggles because they are scratched.  I do an information search and then I can never move on to the evaluation of the alternatives.  Sometimes it is easier for me if I have purchase momentum because then I will actually buy something that I need.  If I don't then I probably won't buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment