Monday, September 12, 2011

To Buy or Not to Buy?



Today I came even closer to buying a new computer than I have over the past two months... but I couldn't do it.  The text Consumer Behavior says that "people may delay gratification (pg130)" and that is exactly what is happening to me.

I have waited and waited and today I stopped by the bookstore to ask more questions about my future new computer.  I've known what model I've wanted for a while but had to double check.  Thankfully they were out of stock so I will be able to wait a couple more weeks before I can have one in my hands.

So I wonder why do I do this? Why do I even need a computer? Why don't I just buy it?  Everyone asks themselves many questions to justify buying.  Justifications helps us buy items we may not have bought otherwise.  Everyone does it.

I'll keep you updated about the possible purchase.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! I have a friend who test-drove cars for *4 years* before deciding that his old car was still in good enough shape to keep driving.

    He's a tiny bit weird -- okay, he's a lot weird -- but still, you're not alone in delaying your purchase. There's a lot to consider, and you don't want to pay too much, get the wrong machine, find something you REALLY love two weeks from now...

    If you haven't chosen your book for the book review yet, I highly recommend The Paradox of Choice. It'll help you understand your shopping patterns!

    ReplyDelete